Founded by Jo Wooler in 2009, Artists Afloat Inc is a not-for-profit group of artists working for artists, facilitating the growth of a sustainable arts practice for members through collaborative exhibitions, professional development workshops and interactive events.
With members in the Moreton Bay Region, Greater Brisbane Region, Capricorn Coast Region, Bundaberg Region and Fraser Coast Region Artists Afloat Inc invites all artists from all over Australia to join.
Members work together on new ventures to facilitate their ongoing professional development as an individual artist, and the group as a whole. Full Membership and Social Membership options are available, download our Application Form for more details.
Objectives of Artists Afloat Inc:
- support the cultural development of communities
- create opportunities for group exhibitions and interactive events in which members engage directly with their community
- help steer members arts practice in a sustainable direction
- build on members existing profile
- develop members skills for funding applications and expressions of interest submissions
- create networking opportunities for members on a local, state, national and international scale, facilitating the growth of a vibrant network of emerging and established artists
To be eligible to apply for membership artists need to:
- support the objectives of Artists Afloat Inc
Members of Artists Afloat are encouraged to:
- participate in activities generated through partnership relationships
- exhibit in group exhibitions
- have a profile page / website link on our website
- be included in the annual production of our hard cover promotional book
- participate in professional development workshops hosted by Artists Afloat
Please contact us for more information.